For a guy who writes six columns a week, I seldom cover education.
Why? Because it is such a mess, such an American scandal, that the problems and solutions simply don’t lend themselves well to 700-word commentaries.
What America is doing to its kids – from breaking down their Judeo-Christian morals to deliberately mis-educating them to programming them to be statist vassals – is shocking, disgraceful, shameful and, yes, I’ll say it, criminal on a massive scale.
I’m not alone in this conclusion.
There’s a great new book out that systematically exposes the whole sordid system.
It’s called “Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America’s Children.” Nothing subtle about that title, but it’s hardly an overstatement or hyperbole. It’s time to call a spade a spade, because if we truly love our kids and want the best for them, we need to recognize we’re in the midst of a real “war on children.”
The crisis we face is multi-faceted – involving public employee unions, notably the National Education Association, which benefits from a tax-exemption from the Internal Revenue Service, nationalization of education policy by Washington, community organizers who use the schools like their pet playgrounds for social experimentation, radicals in colleges and universities who churn out social activists with designs on re-programming America’s kids, sexual predators running rampant in schools and an ideology at its core that sees children as future servants of the state.
That’s a lethal combination for a free, self-governing society.
By the way, the bad things we see happening in the schools are not a result of misguided or failed policies. They are the result of a plan, as Alex Newman, one of the authors of the book, explains, designed to “dumb down and indoctrinate students.”
Add to all that the fact that the media are deaf, dumb, blind or complicit in these crimes against kids.
Again, all I can do is scratch the surface of this foundational topic in a 700-word column. But let me leave you with some tantalizing excerpts from the book:
- “Functional illiterates become violent because they can’t use their brains. The inability to read creates boredom and resentment against the society that dumbed them down. They were intelligent when they entered school at age 5 or 6. But in a few short years they were told that they were learning disabled or just plain dumb and could not learn to read. They became functional illiterates.”
- “About half of Americans reject the evolution theory in polls – more than eight out of 10 Americans reject the atheistic version of it – yet it will still be taught to their children as fact.”
- “How many parents … send their children to school so central planners can mold them into functionally illiterate cogs in a centrally planned machine, having just enough knowledge to do their pre-assigned task? How will such cogs be able to think critically, much less sustain liberty and the American experiment? The short answer is that they will not – and that is the point.”
- “The key to success is in teaching children to read with intensive phonics. Once children learn to read, the sky’s the limit.”
- “It was (John) Dewey’s plan to use the look-say method of teaching reading as the means to dumb down the nation.”
All of these shocking points and many more are not only covered in this manifesto, but meticulously documented in a way that will make your head spin.
But the purpose is not to make your head spin. The purpose is to give you the tools you need to fight back.
How do we do that? The authors have some great prescriptions, but let me leave you with the one that is most urgent, from my point of view: Get your children out of the clutches of this monstrous system now. Don’t wait. Homeschool them or get them in a carefully selected religious school that is part of the resistance movement to educate kids, nurture them and prepare them to be self-governing individuals capable of maintaining a free society.
This brand new resource from WND Books explains how today’s Utopians have effectively used public schools to deliberately dumb-down our nation. Order a copy of “Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America’s Children”
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.