GoldSeek.com Radio: Dr. Ron Paul, Professor Laurence Kotlikoff, David Morgan & Bob Hoye, and your host Chris Waltzek (encore show)
By: Chris Waltzek, GoldSeek.com Radio — Posted Monday, 29 December 2014
Dr. Ron Paul, Professor Laurence Kotlikoff, David Morgan & Bob Hoye (encore)
(guests ordered by seniority)
Dr. Ron Paul – Summary:
- Dr. Paul shares his views on gold repatriation, examining the question: “Is the gold stockpile at Fort Knox / West Point / NY Fed still there and is it unencumbered?”
- China is home to not only the world’s largest economy but unlike most of its peers (excluding Russia), continues to accumulate gold, not lease it.
- Why didn’t the Bundesbank and it’s people protest when the Fed balked on returning their gold, just as a new potential threat emerged in Ukraine? Dr. Paul examines alternative hypotheses and concludes that global / domestic debt is the true culprit threatening every global inhabitant.
- As a student of the Austrian school of economics, Dr. Paul is convinced that silver and gold are essential components to every portfolio, an opportunity to dollar cost average into solid insurance against imminent financial turmoil.
- Dr. Paul is monitoring the Ebola threat with a weary eye, suspicious of sending 3,000 of our honorable soldiers into a biological hot-zone.
Prof. Kotlikoff – Summary:
- Dr. Kotlikoff says that every investor must own precious metals, given that the national debt is 13 times bigger than the official number, about $200+ trillion when unfunded liabilities are included.
- Officials take money from youth in the form of taxes for future benefit, yet the tax money won’t be returned in real dollars, but instead in deflated dollars.
- Unfortunately, the US may be facing an economic fate as severe as that of Detroit.
- SOLUTION: eliminate corporate taxes to encourage savings and capital investment.
- Otherwise, the US could enter an economic quagmire similar to that of Argentina.
Bob Hoye – Summary:
- Bob Hoye thinks widening credit spreads suggests a repeat of the 2007 credit contraction is imminent, resulting in a cyclical top in the stock market.
- Key Takeaway: The Gold / Commodity ratio bottomed in June and continues to trend higher, suggesting that precious metals miners will soon benefit from the sea change.
- Gold has become so affordable, that some miners (source: Bloomberg report) are finding profits as scarce as 20 lbs. gold nuggets, making a rally virtually inevitable.
- The host offers a bond fund recommended by Zack’s rating service with potential for an impressive rally with nearly a 9% coupon / dividend yield.
- Russia’s gold miners are suffering from recent sanctions from the West, their Central Bank is buying up most of their output, reducing global supply and increasing demand.
- Bob and the host remember fallen veterans on Veteran’s Day / Remembrance day, discussing the significance of the allied intelligence efforts at Bletchley Park as well as on the East Coast, US.
Approximately 4,000 paper / fiat currencies (99.9%) have failed in human history – the Greenback / Euro / Yen will follow suit.
The average length of a fiat currency is forty years; a crisis imminent.
David Morgan proposes a bi-metallic standard, where a simple mathematical algorithm would adjust the price of real money.
Following the guidelines outlined by Hugo Salinas Price, central banks could sell 10% of gold reserves, buy silver with the funds and distribute as coins to the populace.
Even Milton Friedman admitted that silver is the major monetary metal in history.